On July 21, the ceremony of signing a Memorandum of Understanding between Uzbekenergo JSC and Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) was held at the Hyatt Regency Tashkent Hotel.
The event was attended by the management of JSC "Uzbekenergo", a delegation led by the President and Executive Director of the Korea Electric Power Corporation (KERSO), Mr. Cho Hwang Ik, as well as representatives of the media.
Successive reforms implemented in our country in the years of independence are an important factor in the dynamic development of all spheres, including the energy sector. Our country achieves high results in increasing the volume of electricity production, using new capacities. In this direction, JSC "Uzbekenergo" is carrying out large-scale work on modernization, technical and technological re-equipment of the electric power system, saving energy, rational use of fuel and energy resources, introducing new technologies into the process of electricity generation, developing renewable energy, and strengthening international cooperation in the field.
The main goal of this memorandum is to achieve bilateral high results by establishing mutual exchange of experience in the field of energy, conducting joint fruitful cooperation. At the beginning of the signing ceremony, detailed information was provided on the results achieved by the two countries in this sector. Then Chairman of the Board of JSC "Uzbekenergo" Ulugbek Mustafoyev and President and Executive Director of the Korean Electric Power Corporation Mr. Cho Hwang Ik signed a memorandum of understanding.
According to this document, cooperation between this large energy company of Asia and JSC "Uzbekenergo" is intended to be implemented in the following directions:
- development of the sphere by introducing the latest modern energy technologies;
- exchange of data and information on the issues of the electric power system in the direction of the energy management system, dispatch control and the information collection system and other relevant information technology spheres, as well as their joint use;
- exchange of information and data on the modernization of the power supply infrastructure and efficiency of the energy sector in Uzbekistan;
- involving experts, engineers and other professionals with experience in the energy business;
- participation in consultations and consulting services, training of employees, as well as cooperation in other areas of the energy business and implementation of mutually beneficial projects.